Technology changes and advances with every passing second. The dawn of the android era was marked with a lot of enthusiasm and joy. That’s because android devices came with features that made life easy, fun and convenient. Today, android apps come with many different functionalities and features. And in most cases, most people are forced to buy android devices for them to stay on board the mobile trends super boat.
For instance, if you wanted to contact a friend living on the other side of the globe, the standard Text message and call charges would be overwhelming, but if you used WhatsApp, the Facebook messenger, Google hangouts or even Skype, it wouldn’t cost you much – just the app and an internet connection. Notably, it’s quite easy to get addicted to these apps.
So what do you do when you can’t afford an android device or when you want to enjoy android apps on your PC or Mac? The answer is quite simple, use an android emulator like Bluestacks (the best in the market). Emulators were built to help users to run android apps on their PCs and MACs. Currently, Bluestacks is among the best-known emulators that can run on a Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP PC or a MAC iOS laptop or desktop.
What is Bluestacks?
Bluestacks is a free android emulator that allows users to install and enjoy android apps on their PC or MAC computers. That’s mainly because Windows and iOS operating systems do not support android apk files, which means that you cannot directly install and android app to you your laptop or desktop without using an android emulator like Bluestacks.
Features of Bluestacks
This software allows you to use your PC’s / MAC’s resources to emulate an android device. That means that it allocates a portion of your RAM, Hard disk Memory, and CPU to create an emulated android device where you can download, install and enjoy your favorite android apps. The best part about all this is that you can run multiple apps at the same time – a feature that lacks in most android devices.
This amazing android emulator also allows you to download a lot of free and paid apps from various app markets like 1Mobile Market, Google Play Store, and Getjar among others. This means that you can enjoy all your favorite android apps on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP PC or a MAC iOS laptop or desktop – you no longer have to buy an android device!
Where can I Find the Bluestacks Offline Installer?
Sadly, the Bluestacks developers stripped off the massive (280+ Mega Bytes) offline installer from their download page and replaced it with a lighter online installer (less than 20 mega bytes in size). This makes it hard to get a copy of a Bluestacks Offline Installer, but there are a few software sites online that still have it (the old version). It only takes a bit of research and online digging to find a copy. But, if you are looking for the software from the Bluestacks’ official website, you’ll have to settle for the light online installer. That brings us to the question, How to Download and Install Bluestacks Android Emulator for PC and MAC?
How to Download and Install Bluestacks
Downloading Bluestacks is usually free from their official website. All you have to do is;
- Download a copy of the Bluestacks installer here –> LINK
- The process of installation is usually simple. Just read and follow the instructions, agree to the terms and conditions click “Next” until the emulator starts installing.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection because the installer has to connect to Bluestacks servers to download more installation files.
- Once the installation is complete, you are now ready to move on to the next stage – downloading and installing android apps on your Bluestacks emulator.
How to Download and install Apps on Bluestacks
Installing apps on Bluestacks is quite easy. There’s usually a search box where you can input the name of any app you want to download and install. Below is the whole process;
- On the emulator’s search box, type in the name of the app you want are looking for.
- Bluestacks will find the app from the best app market available in form of a results list.
- Once you’ve spotted your app from the list, click on it and click install.
- You will be prompted to confirm the installation and once you’ve confirmed, the app will be installed on your Bluestacks emulator. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- You’ll have your app up and running in just a few seconds.
How to Install Apps in Bluestacks using APK files
Sometimes, you may not find the apps you are looking for from the app markets. That means that you’d have to download the apk file and install them manually. Luckily, once you install Bluestacks on your PC or MAC, the emulator becomes the default apk handler on your laptop or desktop. That means that you can download apk files directly to your computer and use Bluestacks to open them. Once you double click on an apk file, Bluestacks will automatically install the app on the emulator.